Job Reference: HO837841_1564586346
Location: London (West)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Employment Hours: Full-Time
Salary: Competitive Salary and Bonus
Commercial Product Manager - Specialist Pharma - West London
Our client provides end to end solutions to facilitate access to medicines to patients and hospitals across the globe. They work with Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies, HealthCare Professionals and Institutions, through their pre-approval Expanded Access Programs and post-approval Named Patient Programs.
With 10 years of experience and a global reach, they are passionate about helping those in need.
In this role, you will provide strategic and tactical product leadership, be accountable for the development, management and implementation of brand plans in order to meet commercial targets and support WEP objectives.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Design, implement and manage pre-approval activities, including but not limited to KOL development, Market access analysis and planning, Brand/Disease awareness campaigns
* Design, implement and manage post-approval activities, including but not limited to
o Taking ownership of marketing activities with Commercial team, by developing short/medium/long term marketing plans
o Develop key relationships with customers/advocates
o Evolve marketing material, campaigns and commercial support collateral
o Owner of product launch plans.
o Owner of the annual brand budgeting and forecasting process.
o Foster excellent relationships with National and International KOLs to ensure support for key aims.
o Work with internal stakeholders to ensure a favourable market access environment for our products.
o Sharing customer and market insights with relevant internal teams to better understand market requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills & competencies:
* Marketing experience gained from the UK Pharmaceutical industry
* Business Insight - understand the core issues that affect and influence the territory business
* KOL and Advocacy management: Ability to develop effective relationships with customers at all levels
* Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans
* Excellent communication skills, ability to present complex information in an engaging way
* Highly motivated, action oriented, initiative taker with good organisational skills.
* Ability to work across a broad range of internal and external partners.
Excellent basic salary, bonus and benefits.
For further information about this role please call CHASE on 0131 553 6644.
Don't have an account yet? Click here to Register.