- Job reference: 33055_1674489246
- Position: Health Screening Specialists - Bristol
- Start date: ASAP
- Job type: Contract
- Employment hours: Part-Time
- Salary: Competitive Salary
About the role
Health Screening Specialists - Diagnostics - Bristol
Initial 6 month contract
£16 per hour
Our client is a major player in the Medical diagnostics marketplace across the UK and Europe and the United States. At this important time for the organisation, they are looking for a new team of Health Screening Specialists to facilitate the provision of screening services to the general public from a mobile unit based in Bristol.
Core activities will include Point of Care testing for individuals between the ages of 40 - 74, with the aim of checking the presence of certain risk factors that may lead to diabetes, heart disease and dementia.
This NHS Health check involves measuring blood pressure and pulse, taking a near-patient blood sample to measure cholesterol, measuring height, weight and BMI as well as a lifestyle questionnaire.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver the NHS Health Check or similar screening programme on a mobile unit placed in community venues
- Carry out the NHS Health Check/ screening programme, following protocols and clinical guidelines
- Create a client focused environment to help individuals identify how their behaviour might affect their health and wellbeing
- Provide appropriate advice to individuals on the outcomes of their NHS Health
- Motivate and support individuals to make lifestyle changes via appropriate onward referrals
- Prepare, organise and collate own paperwork, equipment and resources
- Complete timely and accurate data entry for the screening programmes
No formal qualifications are required however you will be required to complete comprehensive training.
Previous experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Delivery of NHS Health Checks
- Training for NHS Health Checks delivery
- Measuring blood pressure
- Near-patient blood testing
- Other NHS/private work in either screening or treatment programmes
This may have been obtained from within a Care Home setting or from the provision of similar services.
Whatever your experience, you will be excited by the prospect of acting as a true ambassador for this market leading organisation, in a role where you can significantly affect the health outcomes and future of patients.
Candidates should thrive in a team environment where trust, communication and working collaboratively are key. You should also be reliable, trustworthy and be able to consult professionally and compassionately with patients.
Please apply online or call CHASE on 0131 553 6644 for further information.
Reference number: 33055Add to Shortlist