A UK pharmaceutical company with a diverse portfolio of unpromoted brands, wanted to better understand the potential to improve the performance of 6 brands in their portfolio, worth approximately £10m/yr.
With limited focus on the brands for several years, and internal resources focused on other portfolio needs, the company needed a complete external review to determine the best next steps.
Over six weeks, CHASE carried out a detailed analysis for the company including;
- Analysis of the relevant UK sales data and formulary statuses for the brands and competition
- Reviews of the commercial agreements in place with retail pharmacy, dispensing doctors, primary care and hospitals
- Assessments of the national, regional and local guidelines and guidance status of the brands
- Identification and assessment of new clinical data for the brands and competition
The external review identified growth opportunities for four of the brands
- Two brands required targeted customer promotion
- Retail pharmacy rebates for one brand were too high, with a potential upside of ~£100k/yr
- Hospital pharmacy engagement was required for one brand, where use vs. the main competitor did not reflect the brand’s 1st line formulary position
- CHASE is now working with the client to renew promotion of one of the brands reviewed