The gender pay gap is the difference between the average earnings of men and women within the organisation.

A message from Emma Busby, Director

CHASE is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to fulfilling our client’s needs with the best possible workforce, irrespective of gender or any other protected characteristic.

Our focus is supplying the best people solutions in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, with our longstanding industry-wide reputation based on the calibre of people we can attract, develop and retain.

We know the value of diversity in any organisation and we pride ourselves on our culture – one of equality and performance – that allows our talented individuals to thrive as a collective.

Most CHASE employees work on client projects which means their salary and bonus levels will be driven by the specific objectives and targets of our clients’ needs. 87% of the CHASE employees captured in this report are working on client projects like this. With the remaining 13% being core employees, CHASE has more direct control over remuneration and we are pleased to say that the pay gap between comparable roles for these core employees is zero or slightly in favour of females.

CHASE owes its continued success to its high calibre people of both genders. We strive to ensure a culture of high performance and innovation that rewards its people fairly and in accordance with their skills and experience.

Nevertheless, we acknowledge that unconscious biases can perpetuate inequality and we will ensure managers have the knowledge and skills to appraise individual’s performance fairly whilst also ensuring representation and visibility at all levels of the business.

With that in mind, we are pleased to note that as at the snapshot date 50% of the board is female, 2 of the 4 highest remunerated per hour employees are female and all 5 of the highest bonus earners are female.

Pay & Bonus Gap: Difference between men and women

In terms of hourly pay, there is a pay gap in favour of men for both the mean and the median. However, it should be noted that 6 of the top 10 earning employees and 10 of the top 20 earning employees in the snapshot period were female.

For bonuses, the mean female bonus was higher than for males but a wider gap in the median. Similar to the above it should be noted that 8 of the top 10 and 17 of the top 20 bonuses were earned by females.

 

The mean is the average of all earnings or bonuses, whereas the median is the middle point of earnings or bonuses when individual recipients are sorted from high to low.

These charts above show the percentage of each gender that receives a bonus. The 4% gap reflects that proportionally more females receive bonuses than males, however the charts above show that there is a gap between males and females in the mean and median amounts received.

Our Quartiles

The mix of males and females at different levels of pay within our business reflects that we are able to attract and retain females at all levels of the organisation.

Whilst the distribution within the quartiles is more balanced than at our last reporting date, males remain overrepresented in the top 2 quartiles and particularly the top quartile.

Declaration

The gender pay gap is defined as the difference in the average pay between men and women, regardless of the nature of their work. This is different from an equal pay comparison, which would involve direct comparison of two people or groups of people carrying out the same, similar or equivalent work.

The gender pay gap legislation introduced in April 2017, requires that UK employers with 250 employees or more on the snapshot date (5th April) publish data about their gender pay gap. In the above report, we have shared the gender pay gap data for the relevant pay period of April 2021 and bonuses in the 12 months to 5th April 2021.

At CHASE we take gender pay seriously and are committed to making steps to ensuring equal opportunities through a balanced recruitment strategy, proactive personal development and flexible working.

Recruitment, selection and development decisions will continue to be made on the basis of merit and suitability of the individuals’ skills and experience. CHASE will continue to operate in an ethical manner and encourage an inclusive culture within our organisation.

I confirm that the information in this gender pay gap report is accurate and has been calculated in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and Regulations 2017.

Danny McCormick
Head of Finance
CHASE

linkedIn
vimeo