- We were engaged by a medical technology company that had developed a novel machine learning powered cardiac imaging software solution.
- The development of the software had taken place outside the UK, the company had no UK staff and there was no UK clinical experience or knowledge of the software amongst UK customers
- The company were not clear about how the software would fit into the UK imaging protocols and diagnostic workflows and what the full commercial potential of the software was
- The company needed a flexible approach to UK launch with the ability to determine market attractiveness before committing to permanent resource deployment and greater levels of investment
Within nine months we:
- Completed a thorough analysis of the UK market to provide key strategic recommendations.
- Developed a three year forecast and investment plan to guide resource planning.
- Identified sites interested in carrying out research with the software, successfully engaged a public and private site and worked with them to develop a research and audit protocols.
- Supported a local medical communications agency to get expert advice from a steering committee of local experts and supported a local market access agency to develop an economic model and business case template for the product.
- Identified and recruited a full-time UK Customer Lead to be managed by CHASE.
- Launched the company and the software to UK customers in anticipation of final medical device mark accreditation that would enable full commercialisation.
With CHASE’s support, the company has been able to enter the UK market without having to build any UK infrastructure and we continue to provide marketing and sales support for the company as they move into the full commercialisation phase of the product UK market entry.
We engaged CHASE to support us with the UK commercialisation of our novel artificial intelligence cardiac CT image analysis solution, Artrya Salix.
When we started working with CHASE towards the end of 2021, we had global customer insights from our market research, and a UK NHS access route through acceptance on one of the tender frameworks. As an Australian company, we were however, lacking any UK presence, our provisional UK strategy needed additional development, and we needed to interact with the UK clinical community in preparation for launch.
CHASE delivered a UK launch solution for Artrya Salix. Over the first six months they deployed an interim management service, updating the launch strategy, getting advice from key clinicians, and initiating discussions on research partnerships and collaborations with public and private health bodies.
CHASE were able to advise us on the longer-term resources that would be needed for commercialisation. CHASE worked with us to source a full-time UK Customer Lead and employ them to work exclusively for Artrya utilising CHASE’s flexible resourcing model, from the middle of 2022.
CHASE have continued to support us, with project management assistance for the UK Customer Lead and marketing resource, as UK activities such as conference attendance have started.
Working with CHASE has enabled us to operate in the UK, without having to develop our own infrastructure. This has been an ideal model for us. We have been able to scale as Artrya Salix gets closer to commercial availability and we have the option to move from contracted resource to headcount in the future if this comes to better suit our needs.
We have highly valued CHASE’s market understanding, proactiveness and thoroughness. They have taken the time to understand our specific needs and align their ways of working to best fit with our requirements. We have been able to put our trust in CHASE to support us in guiding Artrya Salix towards launch and are very happy with the work that they have done. We would recommend their services to life-sciences companies looking to launch in the UK.
John Barrington, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Artrya Limited