As a result of the COVID-19 lockdown our client’s Account Managers were forced to conduct all sales interactions remotely, using virtual meeting technology. All but one of the sales team had never sold remotely before. The Regional Sales Managers identified that help was required in the following areas:
- Preventing Account Managers from falling into presenter / tell mode i.e. not asking questions or generating conversation & engagement.
- Building confidence in remote selling; generating impact and structure into the sales call.
- Becoming more effective in gaining remote access to the correct customers.
We developed 2 workshops that each lasted half a day:
- Delivering remote communication with impact
- Understanding the dynamics of communication
- An introduction to communicating with impact
- Structuring the virtual sales calls
- Effective access techniques for remote engagement
- Access Objectives & Statements
- Access Techniques
- Principles of Persuasion
- Handing common objections
Both sessions were delivered remotely to regional sales teams and involved activities for delegates to actively participate in.
The customer was delighted with the workshops that we delivered.
All delegates reported, via the post training evaluation survey, that their confidence in delivering remote sales calls had increased significantly.
Active participation from the delegates was strong with active dialogue and engagement in all practical sessions.
Delegates were reported to have implemented these new skills at their first opportunity with positive impact.
Based on this training further workshops were arranged with their in-field sales team as well as additionally with their call centre staff.
"Firstly I want to thank CHASE for running 2 excellent sessions with the DDAM teams yesterday, I personally found the PM session thought provoking and extremely insightful; plus the delivery (tone, pace ) was spot on. I have had a debrief with the management team this morning and the feedback from the teams was very complimentary with the key for them now to put things into practice and try things out. I know that yesterday one of the team was able to put these techniques into practice and the dynamic of the call was changed for the positive so great to see the immediate impact."
Director of Sales
When asked the following Net Promoter Score question, “As a result of the training delivered by CHASE, how likely would you be to recommend CHASE to a friend or colleague?” the following results were collected: